VEHICLE GRAPHICS CARE & PREPARATION
Preparing Your Vehicle
The condition of the paint on your vehicle is vitally important. Vinyls are thin and imperfections in your paintwork will show through. If there is any rust or primer on the surfaces we cannot apply vinyl over them as the adhesives are designed to work on factory quality paintwork. If you are in any doubt over the quality of your paintwork then please bring your vehicle in for us to inspect.
Please ensure that your vehicle is brought into us washed with soap and water. Do not polish it. If it has been polished recently, make sure it has been thoroughly cleaned off. Any vehicles not cleaned properly will need extra time spent on preparation and will incur extra charges.
Taking Care of Your Vehicle Graphics
We want to make sure that your vehicle graphics last as long as possible, so please take some time to read through our aftercare advice.
Your New Graphics
When you collect your vehicle with it’s new graphics or wrap, please do not wash it for 7 days. This will give the vinyl adhesives the opportunity to adhere fully.
Before the first wash, test your detergent or soap on a small inconspicuous are of the vinyl to make sure it doesn’t cause any damage.
Hand Washing is Best
• Rinse off the surface and any loose dirt with clean water.
• Use a non-abrasive detergent free from strong solvents, alcohols or any high acid or alkaline levels.
• Wash it off with a soft clean cloth or sponge.
• Rinse thoroughly with clean water. To reduce spotting, dry with a chamois and finish with a clean microfiber cloth.
If you do use a pressure washer…
Vinyl can be cleaned using a pressure washer but improper handling of the water jet can easily damage your graphics. To prevent this, please keep these points in mind:
• Use a non-abrasive detergent as described above.
• Ensure the nozzle pressure is kept below 1200psi/80bar.
• Keep the water temperature below 60°C.
• Set the lance nozzle to as wide a spray as possible.
• Keep the nozzle at least 3ft and at 90 degrees from the graphics.
DO NOT USE AN AUTOMATED CARWASH
DO NOT USE STEAM CLEANING METHODS, EXTREME HEAT
CAN AFFECT THE ADHESION OF GRAPHICS FILM